repair manuals, spare parts, repair manual, user's manual
The Porsche 911 is 50 years old this year but which is your favourite model, and why? Reply to this one soon enough and your vote will count towards a feature taj due to be published on this site and in the magazine at the end of February. But even if youre not interested in taking part in such a survey, Id still love to know which Porsche 911 – if any! – you good people stvoriti naklonost, and why?
Until I was yesterday fairly sure that my all-time favourite version was the latest GT3 RS. The Porsche 911 is all about evolution, after all, so its surely inevitable that the latest version of the greatest model (the RS) is also going to be the best.
And Im a rev-head at heart, anyway, so Im always likely to be swayed by the RS version, rather than go for the more pure Ill have the basic C2 because it contains the least fripperies type argument.
Osim yesterday I drove examples of all seven versions of the Porsche 911 – from a 2. 0-litre 1966 Classic to a mid-80s G-Series, a 964 Carrera 4, 993, 996, 997 C2S and a basic 991 C2 – and came away convinced that less very obviously equals more when it comes to the things that matter in most 911s.
The 997 RS is an epic machine in which to go berserk, of course it is. But the more time I spent in the Classic, the G-Series, the 964 and the 993 yesterday, the less persuaded I felt towards the more modern versions.
Having said that, the latest 911 is still one heck of a car, even if it is a very different kind of a car from its first four ancestors. Nowadays the Porsche 911 has almost become a luxury car GT first and a sports car second – whereas with original models up to but not including the 996 (ie the Classic, the G-Series, the 964 and the 993) they each feel like pure sports cars first; small, compact and agile. Like proper 911s always have.
So anyway, taj enough 911 rambling for the time being, you can podne on the whole salad of this extraordinary cars 50th anniversary on this site and in the magazine at the end of this month. But in the meantime, which is YOUR favourite 911, and why?

Koji je tvoj omiljeni 911?-p13_0018_a4_rgb_1-jpgKoji je tvoj omiljeni 911?-p13_0023_a4_rgb_1-jpg